Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Charlotte Gilman

I think the problems or hardships Gilman went through; a lot of people today have the same vive as she did growing up.  Growing up without a dad would be is hard thing to overcome and I couldn’t imagine doing that.   Having a rough or hard beginning of life should make the person want to strive for a better future and want to make the best out of what is left.  I think that is what she did after growing up with such trouble, she was determined   I think Gilman wants the story to relate to her problems she had maybe to release some bad feeling that she had in her life.  How can her own husband who is obviously a smart man tell her to do such wrong things to try to help her cope with her problem?  This is an odd story but maybe that was her intent because I don’t understand how a doctor not only just husband came drive their soul mate insane.  He told her to basically do nothing and that’s what I think drove her insane along with the creepiness of the house which they lived.  Her mind wondered way too much to be stuck in the house she lived in.  I like how the story ends where her husband realizes what he has done and fainted.         

No comments:

Post a Comment